Thursday, April 3, 2014

Racing Level HUD

For class we were asked to design and create a mock up of a HUD for our racing levels. We were tasked with researching various HUDs from racing games.

Here are few images of some other racing games that I took inspiration from:




Here are a few images of some speedometers/instrument panels that are related to the car I modeled for my 3D class: 





I wanted to create a HUD that would somewhat fit my space arena themed level. Since blue is the dominant color of my level I thought it would make sense to compliment it with a orange HUD.


As you can see I tried to keep the overall HUD as clean as possible. The elements include lap timers (top center and bottom left) a lap counter (bottom right in circle) and a boost meter (bottom right half circle). Keep in mind this is the first pass.

Heres a closer look at what I hope to achieve with the boost meter. 


Basically the meter on the right gradually builds up and once full starts to blink indicating that the boost for the vehicle is ready to be used. Once the boost is used the process repeats.






No comments:

Post a Comment